Soft boiled egg with Wild Atlantic Prawns
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 225 g | 8 oz | 1 1/2 cups frozen prawns, thawed and chopped
- 1 pinch paprika
- cayenne, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Drop the eggs carefully into the water and cook for 7-8 minutes at a rapid simmer.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large frying pan set over a moderate heat. Add the prawns and some seasoning, and saute for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste with paprika, cayenne, and more salt and pepper.
- Drain the eggs when ready and refresh immediately in a bowl of cold water. Drain and pat dry before removing the tops carefully with a knife.
- Place in egg cups and spoon the prawns on top before serving.