Prawns with sweetcorn pancakes, pancetta and herb dressing
Chef: Wild Atlantic Prawns
- 280g Wild Atlantic Prawns, defrosted
- 120g tinned sweetcorn
- 3 eggs
- 240g ricotta cheese
- 35g plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 corn on the cob
- 12 cherry tomatoes, oven roasted
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Corinader leaves, chopped
- Seasoning to taste
- 50g mayonnaise
- 40g plain yogurt
- bunch of each chives, mint and flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 spring onion,finely sliced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- seasoning to taste
- 12 slices pancetta, thinkly sliced
- 8 wedges of flour tortilla
- sprigs of watercress
For the sweetcorn pancakes:
- Place the eggs, ricotta and oil in a food processor, season with salt and pepper and process until smooth, add the flour and combine. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sweetcorn and spring onions, consistency should be as for a pancake batter. Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Grill the pancetta until crisp, keep warm
- Heat some oil in a pan and add generous spoonfuls of the batter, cook in batches allowing 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
For the sweetcorn salsa:
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half horizontally, place on a tray and sprinkle with thyme, salt, pepper and a little oil. Place in an oven at 160c for 1-2 hours to dry out.
- For the corn heat a frying pan, rub the corn with a little oil and place in the hot pan. As the corn colours, keep turning until the corn is cooked and seared.
- Place all the other ingredients in a bowl, cut the corn kernals from the cob and add to the bowl along with the oven dried tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper.
For the herb dressing:
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whiz with a stick blender until blended together, season to taste.
For the additional garnish:
- Cook the pancetta in same pan as the pancakes until crispy.
- Fry the flour tortilla’s in the same pan as the pancakes until golden brown.
- Place 4 pancakes per portion on to 4 plates
- Spoon around some of the herb dressing
- Mix the Prawns with the sweetcorn salsa, season and spoon onto the plates
- Finally garnish with the pancetta and watercress.