Pineapple and avocado prawn taco
Chef: Wild Atlantic Prawns
- 150g fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 100g cucumber, diced
- handful of chopped coriander
- sliced spring onions
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 50ml lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (to taste)
- 200g Wild Atlantic Prawns, defrosted
- 4 taco shells or cups made from tortilla wraps
- Green tomatillo salsa to serve
- Roast the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan until they begin to pop. Turn off the heat and place in a pestle and mortar. Crush.
- Make a salsa by combining the pineapple, avocado, cucumber, spring onions and coriander.
- Mix the vinegar and lime juice in a bowl with the garlic, chilli flakes and crushed cumin seeds.
- Add the vinegar mix to the chopped vegetables and leave to marinate for 20 minutes to let the flavours develop.
- Warm the taco shells in the oven gently for 5 minutes.
- Layer the pineapple salsa in the taco shell, top with the Wild Atlantic Prawns and finish with the salsa.