Maple prawn pitta
Chef: Wild Atlantic Prawns
For the marinade
- 4 tbsp Grade 1 maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- zest of a lime
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 140g Wild Atlantic Prawns (defrosted weights)
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 40g chopped cucumber (skin removed)
- Toasted pitta breads
- Remove the Wild Atlantic Prawns from the freezer and leave to defrost in the fridge.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and leave for the flavours to mature.
- When ready to serve, drain the Wild Atlantic Prawns and add the marinade to them.
- Mix well.
- Toast the pitta bread and serve with the prawns, spring onions and cucumber.