Cucumber canapés filled with cream cheese and Wild Atlantic Prawns
- 1 large cucumber
- 225 g | 8 oz | 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 small bunch dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 300 g | 11 oz | 2 cups frozen wild atlantic prawns, thawed
- freshly ground black pepper
- Split the cucumber down its middle. Using a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds and discard.
- Stir together the cream cheese, hot water, and half of the chopped dill in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then spoon into the canals of the cucumber halves, spreading the filling flat with a warm, wet knife. Set aside until needed.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan set over a moderate heat. Add the Wild Atlantic Prawns and a pinch of seasoning, and saute for 2-3 minutes until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Cut the cucumber halves into large chunks on the bias. Spoon the prawns on top and sprinkle over the rest of the chopped dill before serving.